On the really off chance that you should find yourself on a computer or internet-enabled mobile device this weekend, we’ve compiled a list of some of our stuff from the past week that you might have missed and should definitely check out. TGIF!
1. First off, if you haven’t downloaded the October issue of AUX Magazine yet, you’re missing out on video features with Grizzly Bear, Gotye, and Propagandhi, as well as an exclusive 360-degree panoramic photo tour of Diamond Rings’ bedroom studio, plus so much more. It’s free to download and to subscribe. Go do that! Is this cheating? This is a whole bunch of items. We’re going to count it as one item.
2. Since the world—even Canada—has U.S. election fever (IT IS CONTAGIOUS, RUN), we did some in-depth political reporting starting with this breakdown of which candidate your favourite artist is most likely to support, and followed up with these playlists from Obama and Romney’s iPods, based on that data. Math and music!
3. Len released a new video. That is all.
4. Read up on and listen to a sample playlist of Diplo’s best production work on this week’s Producer Mixtape, which I promised not to advertise as us “dipping low into Diplo’s career” but oops I guess I just did sorry! Nailed it though, right?
5. Amazing photos from the week of countless shows that happened in Toronto.
6. 20 depictions of musicians in jack-o-lanterns! Some terrific! Some truly terrible.
7. In the latest TRENDSPOTTING column, we look at the slowly evolving model of music ownership.
10. And our little Drake is all grown up—he graduated! High school!